Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lunchtime walk







It doesn't matter what the weather is doing, or where I walk or how far I go. All that matters is that I walk, and think and sometimes I walk without doing too much thinking. I mistakenly thought that if I concentrated on seeing, it would quiet my mind. But even as I'm marvelling at the colours of the chestnuts or breathing in the scent of a rose, my head is filled with swirling thoughts. I let them mix with the colours and perfume and let them be. Just as I need to be reminded of the beauty all around me when I take a lunchtime walk, I also need to remember and say a little prayer for M who will celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday without her husband.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Ninni said...

Lovely flowers and sights that you saw during your walk. I´m a walker too...
This last year I´ve walked in Belo Horizonte with my camera. It´s a nice way of exploring the town...

- Susan - said...

Hi,

inspiring walk indeed!
The small things make us happy, the scent of a rose. Sometimes we need to remember.