Sunday, November 23, 2014

Chocolate Kugelhopf





Tried something I had never made before. The recipe was not complicated and I had all the ingredients in the pantry. It just seemed like a different version of Cinnamon Rolls.



It only took about 40 minutes to bake. I followed the directions and made it in my 10-inch tube pan. It looks impressive, good enough for a brunch.



I tested it before I took it out of the oven; I was pretty sure it was done. After cooling it completely it slipped right out of the pan; a little extra butter does the trick.
The Kugelhopf looks good but it was doughy and the combination of bittersweet chocolate (plus one square of unsweetened because I did not have enough bittersweet) and raisins was not very tasty at all. Sometimes you win and sometimes you kugelhopf.

No comments: