Saturday, July 11, 2009

A gift



A friend at work, who is moving in with her chosen one, asked if I would give her some of our favourite recipes. That is not a problem, after all we have been married 30 years this year and being creative in the kitchen is something that you have to learn pretty quickly. My recipe collection used to be in a high school binder, in no particular order. There were colourful recipe cards given to me by friends, photo-copies from library books, pages torn from my own magazines, and recipes written on scraps of paper. Just recently I have begun organizing all the recipes into coil bound books and because breakfast is the most important meal of the day I have gathered together all my pancake, scones and biscuit recipes into one book.
For my friend I copied some of our favourite main dish recipes onto old postcards, decorated the cards with old stamps, wrapped them up in a thrifted cotton teatowel depicting Welsh love spoons and tied it all up with some brightly coloured ribbon.

3 comments:

Mandarine D'Italie said...

This is such a lovely thought! Thanks for sharing the idea, it makes a perfect gift for your friend, especially because it's 'homemade'.. I love old postcard and stamps... Thanks for your great irony on my comment, it made me smile!!

red ticking said...

what a fabulous gift... hope you are enjoying your weekend...

annechovie said...

What a wonderful gift for a friend! Hope you are enjoying the Summer, Anna!