Sunday, July 5, 2009

My week in review

Had a wonderful brunch on Wednesday July 1st for Canada Day. For a treat we had black figs with our buttermilk biscuits and they were great, but not as great as the ones I have had in Italy.
Even though it was blazing hot, I went to the fleamarket on Sunday and found this beautiful vase. The lip was cracked but the price was right - FREE!
Could not resist the 50% off sale at the fabric store - added to my butterfly collection with two fabrics - a creamy print and a black print plus I found some sharp looking stripes.
I think I may have mentioned before that feverfew is one of my favourite flowers - every year it pops up in so many unexpected places. So I traded some of my feverfew for lemon balm with a friend at work.
We had drainage problems in the spring on the shady side of the house and all my hostas which had been gifted to me, had to be dug up. I did not think they would survive but as you can see they are doing really well.

Daughter # 2 has definitely inherited her Nonno's talent - she is much better at cutting her Dad's hair then I ever was. Watch and learn.

No comments: