Monday, January 31, 2011

Italian turkey pancakes

Turkey in a bag? Yes, this is the first time that I have cooked a bird in a poultry sac. Our turkey dinner was great. Maura was home from Vancouver just for the weekend so we had dinner and a movie. Went to see Country Strong and thoroughly enjoyed all the music.

The big Sunday breakfast - I always enjoy putting that together.This time I made two kinds of pancakes - pikelets and sour cream.
This month it is all about the scrapbook. I have done about ten pages of the trip to Italy but I was so happy to get the title page done. I used some fancy cotton for the boot of Italy which I machine appliqued onto the background fabric. Then I embroidered all the names of the places we visited and used mother-of-pearl buttons to mark them on the boot. Used canceled Italian stamps from my collection for the lettering. I am really impressed with the quality of the photo copy.

No comments: