Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend wrapup



It has been some time since we visited the park; this morning I was surprised to see the old ice cream place still standing.
Salmon fritters for lunch from the George Mercer Dawson Secondary School cookbook. I know the recipe called for crab but salmon from the islands made a great substitute.
Made another batch of Jamie Oliver's pizzza; this is a great recipe but it calls for bread flour - I used whole wheat bread flour. Not so good!





The house was cloaked in fog but at the trail head it was a clear and sunny day. As we slogged up the hill, we resisted the impulse to shed our heavy coats, scarves, and gloves. Instead we reduced our speed and at the top were rewarded with a sparkling view.
Back down the hill, the view from our deck almost completely obliterated by the flimsy off white fog quilt neatly covering the city.

No flour, no butter, but these cookies are loaded with crunchy nuts and chocolatey taste. I used Francois Payard's recipe.

1 comment:

Lesliejm said...

Wow! I had no idea that the "M" in GMD stood for Mercer. You learn something new everyday, I guess :)

I'm glad Tonia mentioned your blog - I'm really enjoying it.

- Leslie