Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wine route trip





It's always nice to walk along the lake in Peachland and stop in at Bliss Bakery for a cinnamon knot.



A Japanese mandarin box for five dollars; that is what I found at Carousel Antiques in Summerland and right next door a wonderful bakery that makes french chocolate buns.



This is the painting that decorates the side of the packing house in Naramata.



The Linen Shop in Naramata always has fresh flowers by the door.



A nice place to sit and watch the world go by.



The Massage Center in Osoyoos has this wonderful grape vine wreath by the front door.











Stopped in at NK'MIP Cellars for the first time; well worth the visit.







Osoyoos; not the little town we remember.



Ice cream and lotto; that is why we usually stop here in Oliver. I enjoyed my double waffle cone of chocolate fudge and rocky mountain raspberry ice cream but Mr. Cowboy was not a happy camper; they do not have lotto anymore. I did share my ice cream with him.



Okanagan Falls; great wineries and a huge outdoor flea market.











This is what we came across as we were leaving Naramata; a help yourself vineyard.



The truck needs a bit of work and the barrels are empty but we still like Red Rooster Winery.



I am not a fan of VW vans but I could not resist including a picture of this beauty at Ruby Blossoms Winery.



Love the sideboard at The Bench in Penticton.
But what I love more then the sideboard is the Benny with capicollo ham, sweet potato hash, and grapes. Good thing The Bench is a 150 miles away otherwise.....

2 comments:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

the "visitor" to the grapevines must have had a feast!
What a wonderful weekend you had.
Tell Mr. Cowboy that ice cream is a good substitute for loto, or at least I would think so.

Shelly said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip, Anna. It is time I checked out that area.