Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend getaway - Day three





Our last morning at the B&B; I explore the library which is filled to the rafters with books but this antique rocker gets my attention.



The front door knocker is a great one to add to  my collection of photos from my travels in Italy.











Luckily, I get another photo of the ever elusive quail.











Zoe, resident greeter and security, comes to say good bye.



At Bliss Bakery in Peachland, we are blissfully unaware of what awaits us as we head up the Connector. The highway goes from dry two lanes to one lane to compact snow and blizzard conditions at the summit.
In Merritt we encounter a mini blizzard  but it is nothing compared to what we just survived.
It was a wonderful weekend but we are so glad to be home!

No comments: