Monday, October 7, 2013

Smitten Kitchen weekend













After the Market, we had our regular Cowboy breakfast at our regular spot with the regular gang.





It was a kind of Smitten Kitchen weekend as I tried three new recipes from this cookbook by Deb Perelman. The first was Sesame-Spiced Turkey Meatballs with roasted carrots and parsnip puree. And someone made cranberry sauce so the combination was just too yummy for words.




The second recipe I tried was Leek Fritters which are really Zucchini Fritters because I didn't buy any leeks at the market. Not a good switch up.

There are no pictures of the third recipe because I could not find a suitable brisket and used a sirloin roast instead to make Maya's Sweet and Sour Holiday Brisket which turned out a little dry but very tasty and a little too spicy which I thought was going to be a problem for a certain someone but he had the sauce on the side and everything was good.

No comments: