Monday, October 20, 2014

Carrot cake





Carrot cake has been one of our favourite cakes for years; we were given a freshly-baked carrot cake and the pan plus the recipe and carrot seeds as a wedding gift. Over the years I have used the same recipe; it's great but I wanted to make a carrot cake that was different but just as good.



So I searched high and low looking for the best carrot cake recipe. I read all the reviews and decided on one. What's different about this one? The recipe I chose uses less oil and more carrots, plus the shredded carrots are marinaded in brown sugar for an hour. And this recipe calls for crushed pineapple and double the cinnamon. Can't go wrong with that.

 
Both of these cakes have one big thing in common. The one ingredient that you must add when baking, no matter what you are baking. A big glug of love, as Jamie would say.

No comments: