Monday, January 19, 2009

Maura's scarf




Inspired by a particular blog, I decided to try my hand at making a scarf using selvages. With tons of fabric to choose from, it did not take me long to make the scarf. I not only used selvages but also clothing labels that I bought at my very first auction. Scraps from my favourite linen dress and one of my Mom's dresses are also stitched into the scarf. Ribbons, eyelet, and part of Valodya's embroidered jean shirt make up the mosaic of this scarf, a scarf that , even before it was completed, Maura claimed it for herself.

2 comments:

raining sheep said...

That is just the coolest idea. I love your scarf - it is unique, a work of art. I will need to save my selvages!!

Unknown said...

Your scarf in incredible and you say it didn't take long....It looks like hours of work. Well done!!!