Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cooking in Pajamas

I know it was sunny and I should have gone for a walk. I should have finished the sewing project that's still sitting by the machine. I should have dusted and mopped. I should have done some laundry. But because it was sunny I decided to stay in pajamas all day (this is not the first time this has happened) and enjoy the flock of birds coming and going at the bird feeder. Wrote a long letter (yes with paper and pen) to daughter # 1. Worked on my scrapbook. Started a new book by EG. Sorted some new recipes to try this week. And while still in pajamas, I made another version of Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon for dinner. Sadly this one did not taste as good as the first time I made it. This time I used French wine instead of Italian. Did not have beef stock so I mixed chicken and veggie. Added mushrooms - last time I left them out altogether and did my own thing with potatoes.
It's Sunday so I set the table with my favourite dishes and tablecloth and while still in pajamas, I enjoyed the fancy french beef stew on rice.

No comments: