Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cooking and quilting

No, these are not truck tires, but the best tasting cinnamon rolls I have ever made. These are Yukon Gold Cinnamon Rolls and the recipe is from the March 2009 issue of Bon Appetit. Except for one slight change ( I could not find Yukon Gold spuds so I used white ones) I followed the recipe and what comes out of the oven are these moist and tender, very tender rolls.
Breakfast this morning was a quiet one as everyone enjoyed the rolls. Yes, they leave you speechless and after having one you just want to have another. They are that good!
Saturday nights dinner was another new recipe and it's a keeper. Egg, bacon, and spinach pie with lots of onions and Parmesan cheese. I don't remember where I got this recipe but if anyone wants a copy let me know and I will oblige.
This is the Red Lion amaryllis that I have been waiting for since November. So far, of the seven that I started, six have bloomed. There are no such thing as grey days with this around.
Today I found out that it is possible to cook and quilt at the same time. It's possible if you have someone to carry your sewing machine upstairs and set it up on the kitchen table. It's possible if you have someone who will run to the store to buy ground pork for the meatballs, and bring up the white wine from the cellar, and cut up all the onions and garlic for you. Today, I managed to finish Maura's t-shirt quilt plus make tomato sauce with meatballs.
Cooking and quilting sounds like an impossible mix but give it a try - someone will be very happy that you did.

No comments: