Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who needs Milano?

I'm starting to collect risotto recipes. Most people I talk to seem to think that it is diifficult and labour intensive to make risotto. I disagree. I have been known to walk in the door after work, change, and start making risotto. Yes, there is a lot of stirring and chopping and stirring and simmering and stirring but as long as you have someone to cut up the onion and someone to stir while you take a break, the risotto comes together in no time at all. Who can resist the creaminess of a hot bowl of risotto, generously adorned with lots of grated parmesan cheese and a fresh shake of pepper? I know I can't. So, we tried a new recipe. Pumpkin and chestnut risotto. I was a little doubtful at first because I had to use cannned chestnuts and frozen pumpkin, but this risotto was so good that I can't wait to try it again in the fall with fresh pumpkin and real Italian chestnuts.

No comments: