Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday collage

This is the best soup (yes, we are still making soup because it's cold) I have ever tasted! Mr. Cowboy followed the recipe in the Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics Cookbook and it is a winner. I'm not sure what I enjoyed most about this soup; the three cups of arugula or the crispy shallots garnish.
I know it's the wrong time of year to be baking with peaches but I had a craving for this delectable dessert- Peach Kuchen- so I made it for the potluck at work. It was nice but the store-bought canned peaches were not that good.

I tried out these hand carved chairs at the flea market. It was a set of 7 - 6 chairs and a table for $900. Tomorrow I will post pictures of what I actually bought.


A pair of robins have set up their nest under our deck. They have built multiple nests all along the beam. My duties as Nanny right now are to make sure the bird bath is always filled with fresh water.

No comments: