Wednesday, January 11, 2012

La Bella Luna

One of my favourite scenes in A Year in Provence: The Mayles are washing dishes outside because their kitchen is still under construction. And as they scrub and rinse they sing By the light of the silvery moon.
'We praise you for Sister Moon and all our Sister Stars, who clothe the night with their beauty and, like you, watch over us while we sleep.'

This is from an amazing book called Brother Sun,Sister Moon. Not only is this a great 'reimagining' of Saint Francis of Assisi's Canticle of the Creatures, but the cut-paper illustrations are just awesome. As you read, your eyes are drawn to the full page scissor cuts done in the most exquisite colours on a black background.

Hope you all enjoyed the full moon on Monday night.

1 comment:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

I think I said something about seeing the full moon in the mornings through my studio window

and I think I said something about rapini and spaghetti being amazing and that I do it with sausages too.

o, and I'm pretty sure I thanked you for all the nice things you said about the Moose Pillow

hope it's warm where you are