Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday collage









In order to keep Daughter #1 happy, I am always looking for wheat, sugar, and dairy free recipes. And with these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies we have another winner. These are made with oat flour and I was a little generous when measuring so you definitely need a cup of tea to go along with them but despite that they taste great.



The season is short for pomegranates and right now I am still seeing them at the store. This last one I bought is huge, bigger then a softball, and it cost me four bucks. But I love them so much that the price just doesn't register with me.



It took me two days to finish this shopping bag; not because it is a complicated pattern but I tried something new with the handles.



I pieced the handles with all sorts of labels, ribbons, fabric scraps, and embroidery. I love the way it looks, edges frayed, alla Amy Hanna.



The bag fabric is called "Bold and Beautiful" by Michelle D'Amore.



The inside is even more spectacular; the fabric is called "Ceylon" from Hoffman International. I sure hope she likes it.
I don't complain when Mr. Cowboy walks around the house spreading sawdust wherever he goes. Within a matter of days of asking, he had made me a tiny bench that fits under my cutting table. It is the perfect height for me to put up one foot in order to keep my back straight. He even painted it for me, Terra Cotta just like the feature wall in my studio.

1 comment:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

that sure is a complicated-looking market tote with all the work in the handles!!!

that's a sweet little "bench" too.

as for the cookies: gluten, dairy and sugar free is a tall order. They look yummy with or without a cup of tea

have a nice weekend