Thursday, November 6, 2008

Special buttons


It is almost a year ago to the day that I was approached by a woman at a craft fair; she had noticed my button boxes and asked if I would like more buttons. She had her mother's button collection and would consider selling it to me. I gave her my card and waited for her call.
And she did call, just the other day.
But when we met so that I could have a look at the collection, something happened during the handing over of the bag of buttons. She gently hands me the bag and tells me that she would like me to have them. She does not want anything for them. But as I thank her profusely, her eyes well up and she walks away.
This button collection may not be valuable, mostly plastic or metal, a few mother-of-pearl, but it is a special button collection; I saw the look in her eyes.



No comments: