Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heart # 24

One of my favourite jewelry boxes is this thrift store find. It's a really good size with a removable tray. The inlay on the lid and the sides is amazing-someone knew what they were doing. Even the knob on the front of the lid is handcarved.
I may have lost count of the number of wood boxes that I have amassed, but I fondly remember the very first two jewelry boxes that I was given on my sixteenth birthday. One was a large, light blue box with velvet lined drawers. I had no problem filling that one as I have always loved adornments. The other was a small music box with a ballerina that twirled to Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago.

1 comment:

elena fiore said...

Quanti cuori che vedo in questo blog!
Ciao, grazie per essere passata a farmi visita.
elena