Friday, February 6, 2009

Heart # 6


Many years ago we took a trip to the Northern islands and I spent as much time as I could on the beach. I wasn't sunbathing, I was beachcombing. I did go to the Old Village to visit a totempole carver. We were very lucky to see a white crow. We visited a wonderful potter. Took my first ride on an ATV. Enjoyed a clam-fishing potluck dinner at the beach. And hiked all over. But for me the best time was spent on the beach, slowly walking along almost bent over double, gathering shells and agates and seaglass. I have since added to that collection with garage sale finds (shells from the Mediterranean) and from my favourite thrift store. These shells are kept in huge glass containers of all sizes in the MB.
I did not come across any heart shaped rocks so this photo framed with barnwood will have to do.

No comments: