Thursday, April 23, 2009

Keeping busy

Maura loves to knit and at the moment she is working on a cotton hand towel. The yarn she is using is a variegated lavender and the pattern works out to ripples on an angle. It's quite something and nothing but my pinwheel crystal vase would do for this lovely bouquet.


I thought that by making a scrap quilt I would make a serious dent in my stash of fabric. It is a baby quilt and after cutting up 112 blue squares and 113 white squares, my fabric pile still looks the same. Of course it didn't help that I gave in to temptation on the weekend and purchased two more fabrics for this quilt; the perfect sailboats and the very cute seagulls. How cute are they? Well, at $22.00 a meter they are the cutest seagulls I have ever seen.


1 comment:

VesperHolly said...

I guess my knitting exploits are now famous! Maybe my next project should be a knitted crystal vase... :)