Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recipe

Here is the recipe for the Lime Cornmeal Cookies that I mentioned in my previous post.

1 & 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
7/8 cup unbleached bread flour
1 & 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
7/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 & 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup & 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 &1/2 teaspoons lime zest
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 &7/8 cups icing sugar
3 tablespoons lime juice strained

In a bowl whisk together the first five ingredients.
In another bowl using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the sugar, butter and lime zest on medium speed for two minutes, or until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs and egg yolks mixing until well combined.
With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in stages. Mix only until everything is well combined.
Using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop or your clean hands moistened with water, scoop out big balls of dough placing 6 balls on each parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not flatten the balls.
Bake the cookies for 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven, rotating the sheets halfway through the baking time. The cookies should be lightly browned on the edges. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes then move to a rack and cool completely before glazing.
Whisk together the icing sugar and lime juice to make a loose glaze. Using a spoon drizzle glaze on top of cookies. Let the glaze dry completely before storing the cookies in an airtight container.

I made two batches of these cookies, one with lime and one with lemon. As I said in my other post these are great without the glaze. I did not use an electric mixer to mix them and used whole wheat bread flour instead of unbleached.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

these cookies sound great! have a happy birthday weekend! keep the celebration going!

elena fiore said...

Ciao e grazie per esserti fatta conoscere.
elena

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try it. And I can't believe I won your giveaway. I'm so excited. Thanks.

Anna said...

Wow! What an unusually fantastic recipe. My taste buds are curious!