Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wonderful Sunday

I remember the day that I bought the tablecloth that I used this morning to set the table for brunch. It was a gift from my Nonni- I went to the market and picked it out myself. No easy feat as this was in Italy and every stall that I walked by was piled high with the most beautiful table linens in gorgeous Italian colour prints and enriched by intricate embroideries. Lillies of the Valley strewn across a cotton cloth and napkins with whipstitched edges-this is the one that I chose that day and every time this set graces our table, I am reminded of my wonderful grandparents.

My good friend, Audrey, stopped in for a visit. Tea and oat scones and good conversation- a great ending to a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

ZenCrafter said...

What a magical moment with your grandmother! I think I would have been in textile heaven at that market.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!