Thursday, August 13, 2009

Everywhere a love story

Yesterday I had lunch with Mrs D - Mr D has been in a seniors care facility for a year. Two weeks ago Mr D had a stroke and now he does not recognize Mrs D.
Back at work I asked Mr R how his day was going. He told me that it was not going well - Mrs R has dementia and is now living at the seniors lodge.
I stopped to visit with my neighbour - J is 92 - his wife A is 88. A has had several strokes and is also living at the seniors lodge. She does not remember J anymore but everyday J drives down to the seniors lodge and spends the day with A.
There are love stories everywhere, but we may not recognize them.

2 comments:

Italo said...

My breath stopped for a while. It's so romantic and full of love your post.

annechovie said...

This reminds me of "The Notebook". You are so right. Sad, but sweet. Have a wonderful weekend.