Friday, August 14, 2009

A little surprise when I came back home - a friend who used to be our neighbour when we lived near the border, visited with the girls and left this bouquet for me. She's married now and they have their own business and they live in one of the most beautiful cities in the province.
My tomato plants are doing really well in this heat - fresh tomatoes every day.
A great movie to see is Julie and Julia. Our mouths were watering and we were hungry at the end of that movie. We tried to re-create one of the recipes that Julie makes to use up some of our tomatoes. In a cast iron pan we browned some garlic in olive oil and butter. Using the fresh bread that my Mom and I made, we toasted the slices adding more oil and butter as it was soaked up rather quickly. I cut up some green, yellow and red tomatoes - added olive oil and lots of garlic, parsley and basil and seasoned with salt. Then everyone piled their bread with the tomato mixture - it was great.

No comments: