Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Double fleamarket

Whenever I purchase something it is with the thought that I can refurbish, repurpose, and reuse said item. But that is not what always happens. Sometimes these items sit in the garage or basement, taking up precious room and reminding me of money spent on something that I am not putting to good use. So last weekend I did back to back fleamarkets. The first one was an indoor affair held at the Seniors Centre across the bridge. It was slow but I managed to find new homes for quite a bit of my stuff.

On Sunday, in blistering heat, I scattered what was left of my stuff in the parking lot at the mall and I was glad that I did. I sold both the gate-leg table and a curio cabinet plus a few other things but enough to make it a worthwhile day. And look, no sunburn, thanks to my trusty umbrella.

No comments: