Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Harvest 2010


I came home from work one day to find a box full of lavender that had been cut from the front garden. This is from one of my oldest lavender plants; I am pretty sure that she is over five years old. She has nicely spread to cover the edge of the path and just a few feet away, among the coral coloured rocks, her babies (many babies) are growing taller and bushier patiently awaiting the day when they will be moved to their new home in the back garden.
This does not look like very much lavender but I do appreciate the fact that someone took it upon themselves to harvest these sweet smelling bundles. It does not take much to make one happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I must have missed something - someone picked all your lavender and left it for you in bundles?! I hope this was what you wanted - if not, I'd be cussing about now.
Sorry, no mail order set up here yet. But that is a good idea!