Finally finished one of the two t-shirt quilts I am making for TG. Had started off using a queen size flannel sheet as the backing but it was just too big and hard to handle as all the work of pinning and basting had to be done on the living room floor. So I managed to find two more twin size cotton blankets almost the same ones I used for Maura's quilts.
On TG's quilt I have gotten a bit more creative. On some of the really wide twill tape I embroidered hearts and other designs with my Janome. Also added a square of TG's favourite pjs and a patch from her hometown. The great thing about these quilts is I can add on patches here and there as I come across clothes or other memorable keepsakes that I can sew onto the quilt.
It's a warm blanket, a scrapbook, and an heirloom all rolled into one. I sure hope TG likes what I've done with her t-shirts.