Thursday, June 21, 2012

Big weekend : Day Three





The best place on 10th is Pane e Formaggio. So this is where we had breakfast. A double shot of espresso and chocolate croissant for me and apricot nectar and fruit scone for Maura. We didn't even dare to look in the glass case.





This is where Maura works; on the second floor of the Vancouver Block. This Edwardian commercial building was started in 1910 and completed in 1912. It has a clock tower and is finished with ornamental terra cotta. Had a little tour and got to see the original mailbox. Wish I had taken a picture of the impressive gold and silver postal box.






While Maura was at work, I hopped onto the skytrain, got off at Pacific Station and walked down Terminal to the flea market. This huge building is a mixture of antiques and collectibles and that other stuff; junk. I wandered for about two hours and even though I did not find what I was looking for (a shade for my floor lamp and a black panther table lamp) I did come home with an abalone shell, some buttons, and recycled paper notebooks for fifty cents.





Saw a good movie - Snow White and the Huntsman. Of course we have to wait for Part Two to find out what happens.

For dinner we had a really nice meal at Olympia on West Broadway. I tried Greek meatballs, which aren't meatballs but patties but whatever, they were good.

No comments: