Thursday, June 21, 2012

Big weekend: Day Two





The highlight of Day Two; going to Rogers Arena to see Roberto Luongo. Well, he wasn't actually there so we had to make do with his picture.


But we did see Bryan Adams; the show was great. We were in the sixth row, left of center and he played all our favourites. Very nice at the end when he brought his Mom on stage.



Saturday morning it poured but that did not stop us. We had breakfast at the Barn at UBC. Then on to MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) where there are a million things to choose from but we managed to get new Thermos waterbottles and Maura found a great raincoat which will come in handy. At Chapters I bought Steal like an Artist by Austin Kleon. Read it in one day but am now rereading it because it is timely advice. Right next door to Chapters, my favourite, Restoration Hardware. That is what I want my house to look like. So I bought a woven leather pillow case. I have plenty of sheeps wool to make my own insert.
For lunch we headed down to Granville Island and it seemed half of Vancouver had the same idea. It took us a while to find a table and when we did we enjoyed our Falafel Platter.
After lunch we headed over to Edible Canada and I bought a jar of Missing Goat Very Very Raspberry Jam.  

No comments: