Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend collage













Breakfast from our favourite coffee shop, a walk along the river, and picking up a few things at the deli.



Had one tub left of applesauce that Mr. Cowboy made last year from our apples and some from the ranch. So I made Martha Stewart's Applesauce Pancakes and they are a keeper.




And then I made Bubby's Sour Cream Pancakes, recipe from Bubby's Brunch Cookbook. These are so thick and good, you won't be hungry for a while.




David Rocco's Made In Italy is a great cookbook; the pictures, the stories, and the recipes are a wonderful combination. For a quick dessert, I tried Torta di Mele, aka Apple Yogurt Cake. It's not too sweet and the yogurt makes it super moist. I don't have a copy of this book in my kitchen library, but I will very soon.

1 comment:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

Lately there have been requests for apple cake. My grandma had a few keepers and her apple cake was one of them.
But apple cake with yogurt sounds really good, not to mention, looks good (in your photograph).
Have a great weekend. Hope it's not to cold where you are.