Monday, March 12, 2012

Button block

I had something like writer's block except for me it was button block. The vintage box was primed and ready to go. Hundreds of buttons for me to choose from all sorted by colour and type. But I could not picture in my mind what the box was going to look like. I have a pretty good idea about the inside; a mini quilt made with a mixture of fabrics and in one corner, a cupped ceramic hand (Japanese) perfect for holding rings.
Then after a day of not thinking about the box or buttons, I realized that I was thinking about the process too much. I've done this so many times that I was fighting it thinking I had to do something totally different and outrageous. But when something is good and it works, why fight it? All I had to do was remind myself of what I do; I take a box and I cover it with buttons.

No comments: