Friday, April 9, 2010

Around the world in fabric

If I laid all my fabric end to end it would circle the globe (an exaggeration) and I have more then enough plates to feed an army ( an estimate) but I could not resist this wonderful Vallance pottery plate that I found at my favourite junque store. I have been collecting Vallance pottery for some years now and am always surprised when I find a piece to add to my collection. Will I stop buying this pottery? Not likely. But I am going to make a concerted effort not to purchase anything unless it is absolutely necessary. These photos document my last visit to my favourite junque shop.
Tea towels are another one of my obsessions and this one, besides being 100% linen, is a wonderful example of Haida art.
In the next six months I will endeavor to not spend any money on needless stuff but will continue to post about the many, many collections that I have accumulated over the years.

No comments: