Saturday, April 10, 2010

A lovely bunch of daffodils

Yesterday was daffodil day which is why I had a hard time finding the blooms. But the last store I tried had eleven bunches left so I scooped them all up and spread them around the library.
The library has a lot of cement walls so introducing the bright lemon yellow of the daffodils is quite pleasing to the eye. Several people commented on the great decorating scheme and it is always such an easy way to put a smile on someone's face.
My favourite moment was when a lady walked right over to the bunch of daffodils and stuck her nose right in and took a deep breath. That put a smile on my face.

And for anyone keeping track, this is day one of my no-spending experiment. I did not even go near any stores but had a great walk in the sunshine.

No comments: