Thursday, November 19, 2009

Walking on sugar

It was one of those evenings - lots to do and not enough time. Luckily, Valodya had made soup earlier in the day so right after work I made parmesan breadsticks (recipe from Grazing by Julie Van Rosendaal) to go with Jewel's favourite soup (recipe from the Family Chef by Jewels and Jill Elmore). The breadsticks were a hit - they are flour, baking powder and salt and then you can add all sorts of stuff like olives or sun-dried tomatoes or fresh herbs. I was in a hurry so I just added grated parmesan.

I was in a hurry because I had to make a cake for work. I tried a new recipe for sour cream and cinnamon and walnut coffee cake. This one was so good that I was asked to share the recipe. I owe the cakes good taste to free-range eggs, organic cinnamon, and walnuts from Oyama.

1 comment:

Italo said...

Cinnamun, I like. THe cake is perfect :)
have a nice and sweet week end.