Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Choose to be glad

Knowing that this was my last day of work before Christmas, I tried really hard to keep smiling all day long even though most people that either came in or phoned were all complaining. The new system isn't working 100% and a lot of people do not like it and they told us in no uncertain terms. Some even complained about the building, the weather, and our collection. The complaints just kept coming and even the bowls of candy did not seem to help. But listening to all this negativity at this time of year can really make you wonder; is there nothing to be glad about?

Here are a few things I am glad about:
There is hardly any snow so the roads are clear.
Surprise visit from friends late last night.
The neighbour really enjoyed the christmas cake I made for him.
A dear friend dropped in today for a christmas hug.
My girls are together, they have two weeks off, and they will do some travelling.
If I want I can have seven days off.
The birds are feasting on the sunflower seeds.
We have our health, the pantry is full, and there is a bottle of wine under the tree.

Wishing everyone a peaceful christmas and all the best in 2010.

2 comments:

Italo said...

:D nice post as ever. I hope you enjoyed your christmas days. I wish you a perfect 2010 full of joy, love from the family, wine and food, smiles and positive feelings.

X said...

I think you are lovely :)
Barinder...