Sunday, December 20, 2009

Relaxing Sunday

Risotto may seem like a lot of work but as long as you have someone who is willing to dice up the bacon and finely chop an onion and grate a hunk of parmesan cheese, then it really is no work at all. This recipe called for a head of radicchio, finely shredded, and yes I did this myself. It also called for cream which I do not usually add to my risotto but did this time just because it is a new recipe. The verdict - I will be adding this recipe to my risotto collection.
Outside it is snowing and foggy and cold but inside we have apple blossoms. This is the first of my amaryllis to bloom and it looks just like the picture on the box. One down, six more to go.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

The risotto looks awesome! I miss eating rice as a delicious treat rather than a daily chore. I skip it in the lunch sometimes but then am starving two hours later, whattayagonnado?