Monday, December 14, 2009

Seven and fourteen

Over a month ago, I started seven amaryllis bulbs as I had never done this before. I went around to all my favourite food shops and picked out bulbs with names like Red Lion, Apple Blossom, Minerva, and my favourite Sydney which has a red and white striped flower. The one pictured above is over two feet tall but some of the others are only showing about an inch of green. They are all getting the same attention, they are all grouped together in the kitchen, and I am feeding and watering as per instructions. I'm hoping that Sydney will make it.
Bloody cold out today but I managed to go down the hill and pay a visit to my favourite junk store. Found two Ralph Lauren wallpaper books dated 2002 and 2005. The papers will make an excellent feature wall someday, somewhere.
And for day fourteen, we each popped in for a quick visit with our GP bearing boxes of chocolates.

2 comments:

Italo said...

I would like to have a garden and plant all my favourite plants.

Pinecone Camp said...

Lucky you! I love this particular flower. Sometimes they bloom, in our house, sometimes they don't. Good luck with Sydney!