Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dinner and act of kindness # 6

I have seen the movie and now I am reading the book - I'm talking about Julie and Julia. I have been laughing so much as I'm reading that Valodya now wants to read it too. When you read this kind of book it just makes you want to get in the kitchen and start whipping up some Piselli alla Romana with Mezzi Canneroni. That is obviously not in the book but that is what I made for dinner. I bought some spicy pancetta yesterday at Fratellis and made the tomato sauce with lots of onions, garlic, parsley and a glass of Montepulciano. We licked the plates clean.Tomorrow I am going to attempt to make Boeuf Bourguignon, with Italian wine, of course.
As I was shopping for my favourite fruits - persimmon and pomegrante - I picked up some baby food to donate to the Food Bank. I wandered around the store for awhile searching for the baby food aisle - I finally had to ask someone. Instead of buying jarred food, I picked out a variety of meals in a bowl, some cereal and lots of cookie snacks. It's sad to think that more people with children are using the food bank. Act of kindness # 6 may have to be repeated a few more times.

No comments: