Sunday, December 13, 2009

Double Sunday

Felt bad about yesterday - was a workday for me and because it was so cold I got picked up instead of taking the bus. As soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted with the aroma of Valodya's version of Julia Child's beouf bourguignon. And it was good - not as salty as mine since I had used pancetta instead of just regular bacon. Then after dinner I spent over an hour on the phone with the girls and we had a great chat.
The movie for last night, after that wonderful dinner was Julie and Julia. Thoroughly enjoyed it the second time just like I did when we went to the theatre to see it.
So first thing this morning we paid a visit to our local firehall. We met one of the firefighters and we presented him with a cookie tin for everyone to share. Just our way of saying thank you for all the work they do. And because we missed yesterday's act of kindness, we also put a cookie tin into the food bank box at the grocery store.
So this afternoon as the wind howled, I decorated our small tree with some of my favourite ornaments and I didn't feel bad about yesterday anymore.

1 comment:

beachvintage.com said...

Cute fishy. I love how you described decorating the tree whilst the wind howled. Lovely.